Thanks to my cousin Pam (& her husband Troy) for this:
Welcome to the 2008 edition of getting to know your friends. Copy then change all the answers so they apply to you, then post on your blog. The theory is that you will learn a lot of little things about your friends that you might not have known!
1. What time did you get up this morning? 11:30 which is actually early for us since we usually don't get to bed until 5 or 6 am.
2. Diamonds or pearls? Pearls - especially the uncultured one I got at a street vendor's cart in Hawaii when I was young.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I don't like the theater much as you can't pause the movie when you need a drink... the last/only time we've gone to a theater in the last several years is when a hurricane knocked out the power to our whole neighborhood for 2 weeks, we drove several miles found an open theater and watched Pirates of the Caribbean (I think) just to sit in the air conditioning for 2 hours.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Tie between Late Show with Conan O'Brien and Countdown with Keith Oberman.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? I don't eat until I've been up for several hours and had some exercise, then it's usually lunch type stuff.
6. What is your middle name? McFarlane (Trudi), Duane (Gary)
7. What food do you dislike? Food with faces (Trudi), 7-11 nachos (Gary)
8. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Eric Gales "Story of My Life"
9. What kind of car do you drive? 1996 Honda Odessey (got it as a wedding gift from Trudi's Dad)
10. Favorite sandwich? Just had BLTs, but also love Italian subs
11. What characteristic do you despise? Hypocracy (amen Pam & Troy)
12. Favorite item of clothing? Bushmaster t-shirt, and McFarlane Family Reunion t-shirts
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Scotland
14. Favorite brand of clothing? Starbury
15. Where would you retire to? Retire? I don't think musicians ever do that - do they?
16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? Gary's birthday/gig last year at Frisco Grille (got video clip on our myspace page)
17. Favorite sport to watch? Boxing (did you see Shane Moseley last weekend?)
18. Furthest place you expect someone to look at this from? England and Oregon (which is further?)
19. If you had a superpower, what would it be? A truth lasso like wonder woman - I hate when people lie to me
20. When is your birthday? August 3 (Trudi), November 25 (Gary)
21. Are you a morning person or a night person? Always been a night person, love to sleep in
22. What is your shoe size? 7.5 (Trudi), 12.5 (Gary)
23. Pets? Pryor & Wilder - stinkpot turtles
24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? Gary registered to vote for the first time ever, he finally feels like his vote might be worth something!
25. What did you want to be when you were little? an acrobat (Trudi), a scientist (Gary)
26. How are you today? Happy that justice is going my way
27. What is your favorite candy? peanut butter cups
28. What is your favorite flower? chicory (Trudi), roses (Gary)
29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Thursday (when Gary gets his amp)
30. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Blue Bunny pistachio almond
31. What are you listening to right now? MSNBC
32. What was the last thing you ate? BLTs & chips
33. Do you wish on stars? Every night :-)
34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? cornflower (same color as my favorite flower chicory)
35. How is the weather right now? starting to get cold
36. Who was the first person you talked to on the phone today? District Attorney Birbeck
37. Favorite soft drink? orange drink from McDonalds
38. Favorite restaurant? Siagoneese in Silver Spring, MD, and El Pollo Rico in Arlington, VA
39. Real hair color? Blonde (Trudi), mostly gray (lol) (Gary)
40. What was your favorite toy as a child? lincoln logs at Grandma Gladys' (Trudi), any kind of ball (Gary)
41. Summer or winter? I think the snow ought to stay in the mountains where it belongs, I love spring and sunshine
42. Hugs or kisses? both
43. Chocolate or Vanilla? vanilla bean
44. Where was your last vacation? McFarlane family reunion at Malibu Dude Ranch in PA
45. When is the last time your cried? yesterday when I fell into the floor fan and hurt my arm
46. What is under your bed? the hard wood floor (no bed frame)
47. What did you do last night? I watched the vice presidential debate, gave more evidence to Officer Groller, and ordered something from Adan's (Angie's son) fund raiser catalog
48. What are you afraid of losing? My family or my sanity, they are really tied together (good answer Pam and Troy)
49. Salty or sweet? both
50. How many keys on your key ring? 8 (2 for the car, 2 for the apartment, 1 from my grandma's skeleton key collection, 1 from our first apt, 2 for the lock box)
51. How many years at your current job? we've had the band since 1993
52. Favorite day of the week? Monday, (the first day to rest after gigging all weekend)
53. How many towns have you lived in? 7 towns, 6 states (Trudi - Las Vegas, NV, Riverside, CA, Philomath, OR; Gary - Palmer Park, MD, Daytona, FL, Buffalo, NY; together - Arlington, VA, Rockville, MD, Silver Spring, MD, Carlisle, PA)
54. Do you make friends easily? people are naturally drawn to us because we are musicians, but we usually like to just hang out with each other, or a few close friends, or family